You’re engaged! You’ve booked your wedding venue! You my friends, are on a roll. Usually the next supplier on a couples wedmin list is booking your wedding photographer.
Oh that’s handy! You’re in the right place. 😉
Before we dive on into why it’s important to meet your photographer before booking. Let me show what my booking process is like. It goes a little something like this…
- The lovely couple send me a enquiry via email or this contact form.
- I get in touch ASAP to say hey! and let you know if I’m available on your wedding date.
- I pop together a quote to confirm pricing and packages with you – Lets face it, that’s a biggie!
- I’ll send you my online diary for you to book in a wedding zoom call at a time that’s convenient with you.
- We hang out on zoom and get to know each other, ask all the questions and see if you wouldn’t mind me tagging along to capture one of the most important days of your life.
- Hopefully we’re a match, and absolutely no worries if not or you are considering a few different people. But if we are! It’s this stage we move on to the formal bit.
- A 25% booking fee along with a signed contract will secure your wedding date and the final balance is due one month before your wedding day.
- I do my happy dance and this is a secret… but I may just send you a little something in the post to say thank you and congratulations.
One of the most important parts of my booking process is the pre booking chat. I think it’s so important when considering a wedding photographer that you ‘meet’ them to face to face or in my case online.
You might already be sold on their website or killer about me page but a good old fashioned chat will seal the deal and hopefully get you even more excited about your wedding day.
Reasons why it’s important to have a chat before booking your wedding photographer.
Are you a good fit?
Booking your wedding photographer is a big deal! And the person you choose is likely to be with you for a solid 10 hours, so it’s super important to make sure you get the right vibe and wouldn’t mind hanging out with them and having them by your side during the most important parts of your wedding day
I’m no psychologist but I’m pretty sure that meeting people face to face and spending a good amount of time talking and getting to know each other builds more trust than not. Wedding photography is a huge investment in your wedding day so it makes sense to
About pages are great and hopefully that’s enough to make you want to enquire with your photographer. But putting a face to the name is so important. Be nosey, ask all the questions and they don’t always have to be wedding related. It’s always nice to know you have things in common. It’s the perfect chance to get to know one another.
Get all the advice.
As well as finding common interests, it’s a great chance to spill the beans on all your plans so far and ask all those burning questions. I always like to offer recommendations if couples need them. And with my background in event management, I’m always happy to chat logistics and timings. For me being a photographer is so much more than just taking the pictures. I’ll be on hand to make sure things run smoothly too.
So there we have it! My reasons why a pre booking chat with your wedding photographer is so important.
It worth saying that my communication doesn’t end there. I will always book another chat in with my couples as we get closer to the day but I’m an open book and if you need any advice or wedding recommendations I’m always here to help.
What are we waiting for, shall we chat? I still have great availability for weddings in 2023 and 2024 and if you’re getting married in Derbyshire, Sheffield, Nottingham or beyond. I would absolutely love to hear from you and get to know you a bit better.
Images by Me Mirlah Richardson – Mirl & Co Photos
BIG LOVE to the dream team involved 🌈